Paleo Mug Cake: OMG YAS!
I SAID that I was going SUGAR FREE in December but it turns out: Nope!
I'm doing a LOWER sugar month but sometimes mama needs a Paleo Mug Cake. I think we can all relate on some level.
I've had mug cakes in the past (like the WAY past when I was still eating gluten!) and I have to say they've always been a BIT underwhelming--but THIS mug cake is SO delicious and I'm completely in love with it!
I think because it combines the cinnamon and maple of a coffee cake with it--it just seems to WORK! Check it out and let me know what you think--I promise I won't tell the Sugar Police ;)
THE BASE OF THE CAKE
- 3 Tbl almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 Tbl Grade A Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon to taste or Pumpkin Pie Spice!
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white (you can also use the whole egg NBD)
- 1 T- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk (NO soy!)
- 1 T almond flour
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 T raw honey or bee pollen if you're fancy!
- 1 T almond butter
- A SPLASH of almond milk
Microwave (because I use one: sue me!)
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the wet! Add the wet to the dry!
- Mix the topping ingredients together until well combined.
- Grease a large mug or a small bowl (whichever you prefer and have on hand) Microwave for 1 minute (a little more if you want it more DONE.)
- Remove from bowl, top with your mixed topping and enjoy! I added some fresh organic raspberries that I had on hand! YUM!